Should My Website Be Mobile?
Mobile usage has seen an exponential rate of growth over the last few years. We only need to look at some statistics to show that business websites must be adapted for mobile users.
Mobile devices are now used as work terminals in the workplace. In a trend called “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) as many as 59% of business organizations now allow employees to do their work and access their corporate database on a mobile device.
Mobile usage statistics
- A report published by Reuters states that 75% of Internet use in 2017 will be from mobile devices.
- The Search Engine Journal (SEJ) claims 75% of Internet traffic will be mobile in 2017.
- 80% of social media time is spent on a mobile device (comScore).
- In regards to web search, Google recently released a study on mobile web search, stating almost 50% of people search on smartphones.
- 89% of mobile media time is spent on apps, and only 11% is spent on websites (Smart Insights).
- For research, 33% of consumers visit branded websites and 26% start with an app (Smart insights).
Mobile use and e-commerce
Hosting Facts, in a report titled E-Commerce and Conversion Statistics 2018, projects the following trends and findings:
- Mobile commerce will amount to 45% of all e-commerce sales by 2020.
- Desktop conversion at 8.52% leads mobile conversions at 4.70%.
The compelling need for a mobile-optimized website
- 57% of users claim they won’t recommend a business that presents a poorly designed mobile site (socPub).
- Google claims 61% of users will not return to a badly designed mobile site.
- 70% of users delete emails that do not display properly on a mobile site (Blue Hornet)
There are two ways to build a mobile website. You either build a responsive site or an adaptive mobile site. Both solutions eliminate fixed width page design and display the content in variable width and adjusted to the screen size of the mobile device.
This design loads faster because it uses a minimum of screen resizing and scrolling on devices ranging from mobile phones to desktop computer monitors.
The website content adjusts itself to the screen size of the device on which the content is displayed.
There is an easy solution for launching a responsive mobile site. Construct your site on the WordPress platform and buy a responsive theme. There are many such themes available.
Responsive design offers the optimal viewing experience on different screen sizes.
With this design, there is not one layout that changes in response to the available screen size. Instead, there are different site layouts for different screen sizes. You can have a different layout for different mobile screens, tablets, and desktop monitors.
The site automatically detects what device is used to access the site and displays the pre-designed layout for that device.
As the usage of mobile devices grows, it’s become abundantly obvious that if you want to succeed in today’s e-commerce environment, you NEED to ensure that your websites are optimized for viewing from those devices.
If you have any questions about the mobile-optimization of your websites, please contact me.
Do You Know What It Takes to Launch Your Own MLM? Click Here to Discover the Secrets to Launching Your Very Own Network Marketing Marketing Company From Concept to Launch in JUST 10 Steps in 10 Days !!
More Resources For You:
Are you considering starting an MLM? Try a FREE 5 Day Demo of the Best MLM Software right here
Is Your MLM Software Company providing the LATEST in Privacy and Security?
25 Reasons To Start Your Own MLM - Why should consider launching a Network Marketing Company of your own?
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on your favorite social media.
Robert Proctor's Blog
- Skype: multisoftrob
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Facebook.com/robertmultisoft
- Office: +1-239-945-6433
- Mobile: +1-239-839-4904